There are affiliate links in here. I get a small commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you.
We didn’t have much time in Bled, but we got to see the highlights: the island and the castle. Now that I’m home, I’ve realized there is tons of other awesome stuff to see in the area. I now know that I definitely need to go back and it makes me a little sad I missed so much, even though I still saw quite a bit.
We only had a day or so in Bled, and only a couple hours of free time, but it was still one of my favorite places. It just had the vibes of a place that felt perfect for me. You know how you can show up somewhere and it just feels right? That’s how Bled felt. Like a place I would love to spend more time exploring and hanging out in. Someday, Bled. Someday.
If you’re planning a trip to Slovenia, definitely make sure you have a day or two to spend in the magical town of Bled. That might be the most cliche way to describe a place, but it really is.
Tips for visiting Lake Bled:
- Definitely take a boat out to see the church on the island.
- Spend an afternoon wandering around the castle overlooking the lake.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try Glamping instead of staying in a hotel.
- Wander around the shops along the lake shore for an afternoon.
- Spend a day hiking around Vintgar Gorge, just a few miles from the lake.
- Try kayaking in underground mines for a few hours.
- Take a day trip to Triglav National Park to do some hiking or canyoneering.
- Don’t worry if it looks too expensive. There are a few hostels, perfect for backpackers and budget travelers passing through.
Need to find flights? Check out Lufthansa! That’s who we flew with and it was wonderful.
Have you been to Bled? What did you think of it? What did you like or not like about it?