Believe it or not, I never used to want to travel in the US. That seems crazy now after basically traveling around it for jobs for the last three years. I’m still dying to leave the country, which I haven’t done since I got back from the Philippines, but at the same time, I’ve loved exploring the US national parks.
I’ve come to love the US parks and exploring all things outdoors, whether it’s part of a road trip or just a weekend day trip. I’ve realized I have tons of pictures from hiking around the US that I either haven’t had a post to share them in or they just don’t get shared often enough, so I decided to put a bunch of them in one post to help inspire you to explore some of the best outdoor destinations in the US.
While I still feel the pull to travel abroad and know I will again sooner than later, I feel it even more to explore the US. I just get more and more excited thinking about future road trips around different regions of the US. Now I want to get you excited about exploring the US, whether it’s your own backyard or a big trip, there is something cool to see and do, I promise. And if you need more inspiration to get out there, check out some of these awesome outdoor adventure books.
Posts you might also enjoy:
- My National Park Page
- How to avoid crowds in national parks
- Perfect road trip packing list for camping in the national parks
- Should you take a winter road trip? Yes. Yes, you should.
- Climbing the Coral Pink Sand Dunes outside of Kanab, Utah
- A non-hikers drive-through guide to Arches National park
- Fun National Park Facts
- How to make the most of a trip to a national park
- My favorite national park hikes
- 11 more of my favorite national park hikes
- My favorite hikes that aren’t in national parks
Have you been to any of these places? What is your favorite outdoorsy place in the US? Favorite hike?