So, something you may not know about me is that I LOVE reading bad reviews. Restaurant, store, business, parks, towns, I love them all. This winter I realized that you could review the national parks. Why I never thought you could before, I don’t know. Well, I started reading the bad reviews and some of them had me cracking up. I promptly forgot about this and didn’t think of it again until recently.
That’s when I decided to look for some of the best bad national park reviews I could find. I didn’t check every park for this, mostly because I’d love to do another one of these eventually.
I’ve learned a few things on this quest so far.
- Some people don’t know how words work.
- A lot of people have never even visited the places they’re reviewing.
- A lot of people think they’re beautiful but still give them one star.
- A lot of people think the parks should all be free.
- Dogs should be able to go anywhere they want in every park. (Other people think this, I think this less than them)
And I’ve left with a few questions.
- How do you even become a qualified local guide? Are they even?
- WHY DO YOU REVIEW IT IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN?
- How many of these are even real?
- Does anyone do ANY research before going to parks?
Some of these local guides are terrible. I won’t lie. And I’d say most of the fake ones are pretty obvious, but there are a few that almost seem so weird, they could be true. Not all of them are hilarious. Some are just more ridiculous, like, how do people think this would work? On that note, let’s go!
These people are not impressed.
I mean, most national parks don’t have much to do other than hike.
They must have forgotten to let the gators loose those days!
What national park can you let your dogs run free? I mean, what about bears? (I’ve never had a dog, much less in bear country, so I have no idea how big of an issue that would actually be.)
Talk about a mixed bag!
Great park. I hate the outdoors.
I have to say, these are by far my favorites. I’ll let you know what I think in a few weeks.
- No yellow stones! (even more than this one)
- Didn’t go boom boom (yes, people said that. Yes, more than one.)
- Didn’t explode! Not worth it!
Smelled like cheese and wax cakes. I am dead.
Maybe they should call this one Death Valley?
Well, that’s all for this round! Which one is your favorite? Which bad reviews would you like to see in the future?