I think I’ll always like Central America the most because it’s the first place I went alone for a long period of time. I was forced to figure things out for myself and I cried more than I should have, but I also had a great time and wish I was there more than I was home. Sorry everyone at home, but working three jobs just isn’t for me. If you look at my Instagram, there are almost as many pictures from Central America recently as there are of things at home. I just miss it, all of these things about it.
- Cheap mojitos. This was mostly in Guatemala, but I had a lot of them there and wish I could do that here.
- Tostones. I could probably wax poetic about these, but that would be weird, so I’ll just leave it at “I could eat these every day.”
- Being able to order lunch food before 10:30 AM. I am not a breakfast food person.
- Not knowing what I was going to do when I woke up.
- Meeting new people all the time.
- Wandering aimlessly around new cities.
- Waking up early, I just can’t get myself to do that back home.
- Not losing Chapstick. I don’t think I lost any while I was there.
- Little Corn Island.
- Trees full of stuff on Little Corn Island.
- The Terrace Cafe in San Pedro with their delicious, mojito priced smoothies and cappuccino and the lake view.
- The volcanoes, volcanoes everywhere!
- Lounging around on beaches on a regular basis.
- Pretending I sort of know Spanish.
- Did I already say tostones, because, tostones.
These might not be really crazy things, but they all made it the perfect experience that I wouldn’t trade for anything.
Have you been to Central America? Where? What do you miss about traveling?