There are affiliate links in here.
Remember how I said Rainbow Bridge is just alright? Yeah? Well, it still is, even after a second visit. A few of us went on a houseboat trip in October for a few days and had the time and a powerboat to get us around, so we figured why not? It’s one of those things you just have to see if you’re close because it’s so hard to get to otherwise.
This time the weather was a thousand times better, cooler I mean, and we got to see a helicopter take off from in the canyon! They landed right on the trail to airlift someone out for dehydration. This is a real thing people, drink water! That was probably the highlight of that trip.
- Bring water, it’s hot!
- Sunscreen is a must as well. The sun will bake you on the water.
- Snacks are good, too. It’s not a long hike, but the boat ride is longish.
- Rainbow Bridge is in Forbidding Canyon on Lake Powell.
- Bring a map, too to help with navigation.
- It’s about two hours from Bullfrog, one and a halfish from Wahweap.
- Go early, it won’t be as busy.
- If you don’t feel comfortable taking a boat out yourself, they run tours from the Wahweap Marina in Page, Arizona.
- Ask the ranger about the dinosaur print.
- The hike by boat is just over 1 mile, the hike by land requires a permit from Navajo Nation and is about 13 miles.
Have you been to Rainbow Bridge? What did you think of it? Do you want to go?